Homework @ HASN
Show My Homework.
At HASN we recognise and value the importance of meaningful homework in developing scholarship. We believe homework should provide students with the following opportunities:
- To embed knowledge: Consolidate learning that has taken place in the classroom through revision/ retrieval of key knowledge: quizzing/ questions based on a previous topic.
- To extend knowledge: Post lesson reading/ research to add breadth to their existing knowledge. Refine work from the classroom based on feedback from the teacher.
- To apply knowledge: Use learning from the classroom to complete a deliberate practice task e.g. responding to an essay question based on content covered in a lesson.
Weekly homework is set online through Show My Homework, for on articles:
- Logging in as a parent
- Logging in as a Student
- Add another student to your account
- My child's homework
- Android app for parents
- iOS app for parents
- How to Us Show My Homework for students
For a Parent tutorial video please click on the thumbnail below on the left
For The Show My Homework login page please click on the thumbnail on the right
Teachers will set assignments, quizzes and/or spelling tests, indicating whether the task has been submitted or not, whether it was submitted late or whether the student needs to re-submit it.
Teachers will advise whether any attachments to homework tasks need to be printed or not and students can always use the Academy library facilities to print. If there are any issues with printing, teachers will provide paper copies. If a hand out was already given out in class, then the teacher will have mentioned this in on the website. Homework club is in the LRC every day after school.