Exams in Summer 2022
This is a brief update on the current government arrangements for exams in summer 2022, and the plans that we have in school to support your child in their preparations for these.
Earlier this term, the Department for Education (DfE) announced that they plan for exams to go ahead in the summer of 2022 and that arrangements for these will be as close to usual as possible. This means that, for most subjects, your child will sit terminal exams in our exam hall during May and June of 2022. Full details of the DfE’s decision are available here, including some amendments:
- There is a reduction in content in English Literature, History and Geography
- Practical work for science can be delivered via demonstration
- Art will be assessed solely on the student’s portfolio
- Schools will receive advanced information about the focus of exams in February 2022
- Students will be provided with an updated formulae sheet in Maths, Physics and Combined Science
The government have also published information about the grade distribution this year. As you may be aware, the national distribution of grades in 2020 and 2021 had more students achieving higher grades. In an effort to avoid grade inflation, the intention is that the national grade distribution in 2023 (the year after your child sits their exams) will return to pre-pandemic levels (similar to 2019). The grade distribution in 2022 (the year your child sits their exams) will be a transition between the 2021 grades and the 2023 grades.
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the strict JCQ rules and guidelines for all formal exams. The documents can be found at the bottom of the page.
How are we supporting students?
In any given year, young people (both individually and as a collective) worry about their exams. This is completely normal and an indication that they take them seriously. As an Academy we are keen to do all that we can to reduce any unnecessary worry so that students can focus on doing their best.
We aim to:
- ensure students are well informed about what is coming up
- provide plenty of opportunities to practice the routines of exams
- provide high quality intervention to support our students in accessing the curriculum
- support students in understanding what and how to revise
- encourage students to use a range of wellbeing and positive mental health strategies
- have a range of bespoke supports in place for students who need them
Important dates for 2022
Formal exams begin on the 16th May 2022- 28th June 2022
For details select the appropriate timetable below
- Formal exam timetables for Year 11- GCSE Timetable is below
- Formal exam timetable for Year 13- GCE Timetable is below
Results days in 2022
- Year 13 – Thursday 18th August 2022
- Year 11 – Thursday 25th August 2022
You will receive details via email about the arrangements for collecting results in the summer term.
Who do I contact if I have any issues with my exam results or certificates?
If there are any issues with you collecting your results or certificates, please contact: email@example.com.
Please see the important JCQ documents regarding exam rules and regulations. Please read through these carefully with your son/daughter and ensure they understand them. Due to COVID-19 we will not be supplying any spare equipment during exams so students will need to bring everything they need including spare pens i.e. ruler, calculator, pens, and pencils.
- Warning to Candidates
- Social Media Information
- Unauthorised items
- Information for candidates – Written exams
- Information for candidates – Privacy notice
- Information for candidates – On screen tests Information for candidates – On screen tests
|GCE Timetable 2022||29th Mar 2022||Download|
|GCSE Timetable 2022||29th Mar 2022||Download|