Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Business & Enterprise
Our Hub vision is to empower students and staff to realise opportunities to develop skills and knowledge that will shape them as future leaders underpinned by industry standard practice and technology.
We aim to turn our vision in reality by focusing on three key strands:
- Engaging with new technologies that immerse learners in design, business and enterprise
- Developing approaches that are underpinned by consistent professional standards
- Credibility in the real world through industry standard professional development
The Hub of Business and Enterprise incorporates; Business, ICT, DT, Hospitality & Catering, Construction, Product design and Health and Social care.
Within this hub we lead in creating and developing an enterprising learning culture within the Academy. Enterprise skills are taught and delivered not only within our subjects but across the curriculum.
Enterprise is developed and assessed in two key ways at the Academy:
- Through the development of enterprising skills including Innovation, Presentation, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Communication, Leadership
- Through the development of enterprising attitudes; Commitment (to learning), Optimism and Resourcefulness (the CORE score).
These key skills and attitudes are identified by the Business community as those which students need to develop in order to be successful in their future careers. These key skills are also further developed through activities run by our hub. For example we collaborate with entrepreneurs to run Business Brunches and take students to visit Industry linked to our curriculum in action.
It is important that students know how achievement is linked to having an enterprising ethos within the classroom. Our Hub tutor teamwork in a positive way with students to ensure that they are on target to achieve their full potential.