- You are here
- Parent Zone
- Student Learning
The curriculum of Harris Academy South Norwood comprises a broad and innovative range of learning experiences planned for each student. A personalised curriculum offer, in conjunction with excellent teaching that impacts positively on learning and progress, will enable all our students to respond positively to the opportunities and challenges of a rapidly changing world.
- To provide rich and varied contexts for students to acquire, develop and apply a broad range of knowledge, understanding and skills, to encourage a love of learning and a desire for lifelong learning.
- To encourage the best possible progress and the highest academic achievement for all, by setting suitable learning challenges and fully recognising the diverse learning needs of each of our students.
- To enable all students to develop their creativity and talents to the full, using our Business and Enterprise specialism across the Academy to maximise this potential.
- To personalise our curriculum ensuring it is flexible and appropriate, preparing students for the challenges of a fast changing world, and their futures as workers and citizens.
- To promote students' self esteem and emotional well being through our curriculum, offering opportunities for students to develop their knowledge, understanding and appreciation of their own and different beliefs and cultures.
We want all of our students to be fully involved in their learning at all stages, by participating in the setting of targets for improvement, completing all tasks set including homework and by engaging with the systems in place for self evaluation and review.
We want all parents and carers to become actively involved in working with the Academy to support their child's academic progress, through consistent and regular communication and full involvement in the advice and guidance process at all stages.