Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Level 1/2 Award in Constructing the Built Environment
Why study Construction
Are you good at communicating & solving problems? Can you work independently and in groups and produce work on time, every time? Do you enjoy practical work? If yes to these questions then Construction is for you! Over 2 million people work in the UK’s construction industry. Undertaking a course in Construction is an ideal way to acquire sought-after skills which you will need to enter the many vocations within the construction industry – or as a stepping-stone into higher education.
- Safety and security in construction External on-Line Test
- Practical construction skills Internal Assessment
- Planning construction projects Internal Assessment
Constructing the Built Environment will be graded from a Level 1 Pass up to a Level 2 Distinction*. The qualification grade is awarded on the basis of the aggregation of unit grades achieved.
This course has been designed around the concept of a 'plan, do, review' approach to learning. This mirrors many work-related activities in the construction industry. You should have a passion for the construction & built environment world, good visual communication skills and be interested in developing an understanding of the broad perspectives of the design and construction world.
Constructing the Built Environment course allows you the freedom to express yourself in a structured environment though coursework which you will find engaging, stimulating and exciting. There are opportunities to embark on a diverse array of Post 16 apprentiships or further college based studies and careers, these include engineering, architecture, Quantity Surveying, Electrician, Site Management, Plumbing & many more.
Useful page links
- Building http://www.building.co.uk/
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors http://www.rics.org/uk/
- WJEC: Construction http://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications/construction-and-built-environment/constructing-the-built-environment-level-1-2-award.html