Download our FREE smartphone app today!
- Would you like to set up you own business and be a successful entrepreneur like Alan Sugar or Levis Roots?
- Would you like to go and be a manager for a large business like John Lewis or M&S?
- Have you got an interest in the news and how the government and their policies affect your life?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions then BTEC Business is the course for you!
You will cover a range of topics relating to small businesses, including how to provide effective customer service, how to recruit and select new employees, how to manage business finance, and what external factors can affect a new business.
These topics will be covered in lessons in preparation for the internally assessed assignments and the external exam. You will develop a range of skills including communication, presentation and software skills. You will even have the chance to prepare your CV for the world of employment.
In order for you to achieve the BTEC First Award in Business you will complete two mandatory units and two optional units:
- Unit 1 - Enterprise in the Business World (internally assessed)
- Unit 2 - Finance for Business (externally assessed by onscreen exam)
- Unit 4 – Principles of Customer Service (internally assessed)
- Unit 8 - Recruitment, Selection and Employment (internally assessed)
Required skills and attributes
You are required to be committed to your learning and to meet all deadlines set for internal assignments. You will need to be effective in managing your time. You are required to work well in teams and have good communication and presentation skills. Good numeracy skills are required to be successful in the Unit 2 (Finance for Business) external examination. You will also need strong literacy skills for completing written assignments.
BTEC Business can be useful for absolutely every job. Whether you are thinking of starting your own business or applying to work in an existing business, this vocational course will equip you with the knowledge and skills required.
Business Studies is useful if you want to study Business BTEC at Level 3.