Download our FREE smartphone app today!
FOI, Privacy Notice, Complaints & Charging Policy
Harris Academy South Norwood provides a free education for boys and girls of all abilities. However, the Governors of the Academy reserve the right to charge in the following circumstances:
- Where a parent wishes a child to learn a musical instrument.
- When a request is made for accreditation in a subject that is not a normal part of the student’s Academy programme; when a request is made for a different form of accreditation to that advised by the Academy; when a student is entered for an examination but fails to sit it, unless the reason is acceptable to the Principal and Chairman of Governors; when a student wishes to re-sit a module for the second time.
- Where a trip is proposed which is not a compulsory part of the curriculum, parents will be invited to make a contribution to cover the costs involved. This will be on the understanding that if there is insufficient support the proposed trip will not take place.
- Cost of ingredients or materials for practical subjects, where parents have indicated in advance, a wish to own the finished product.
Parents can request paper copies of any information provided on the website free of charge. Please contact the school for this to be arranged.
To view our full Charging Policy please download at the bottom of this page
If you are unhappy or have concerns about the academy or a person associated with the academy then you may wish to make a complaint, in the first instance complaints should be addressed to the Executive Principal Mr Nick Soar at the Academy. The Complaints Policy makes clear the processes for dealing with complaints.
Please contact his PA, Charlotte Critchlow on
|Telephone: 0208 405 5152
If your complaint is about the Principal then contact the chair of Governors via the clerk to Governors
Telephone: 0208 405 5162
To view the Complaints Policy please download at the bottom of this page
Under data protection law, individuals have a right to be informed about how the Federation and its Academies use any personal data about its students. We, the Harris Federation, comply with this right by providing Privacy Notices to parents/carers and students, as appropriate, where we are processing their personal data.
Harris Federation is the Data Controller for the purposes of data protection law and therefore will determine the purposes for which personal data is processed (the ‘why’ and the ‘how’). Your Academy and authorised 3rd parties, e.g. ParentPay, process and ‘use’ data on behalf of the Federation and are therefore Data Processors.
We collect and use personal data about the students who attend our Academies, in order to provide an outstanding education. This personal data includes identifiers such as name, address and contact details of parents/carers, characteristics such as ethnic group, nationality and language, attendance information, test results, medical conditions, and special educational needs information.
This data is used for a variety of reasons, including:
- Support student learning.
- Protect student welfare.
- Monitor and report on student progress.
- Contact students and parent/carers when we need to.
- Provide appropriate pastoral care.
- Assess the quality of the services we provide.
- Administer admissions waiting lists.
The Federation and its Academies will ensure that all personal data is processed fairly and lawfully, is accurate, is kept secure and is retained for no longer than is necessary. We do not share personal information about our students with any third party without consent, unless the law and our policies allow us to do so. For example we are required to pass on some data to the Department of Education (DfE).
See our Privacy notices below to learn how we collect, use, protect and share the personal information about our students.
If you have any question, concerns or would like more information about anything mentioned the Privacy Notice(s), please contact the Federation’s Data Protection Officer (DPO), details below:
Data Protection Officer Harris Federation 4th Floor Norfolk House Wellesley Road, Croydon CR0 1LH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0208 253 7777
To view the Privacy Notices please download at the bottom of this page
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives the public right of access to information produced in the course of the Federation’s work.
There are exemptions to this right. In particular, data about living, identifiable people ('personal data') continues to be covered by the Data Protection Act and is not generally publicly available except to the "subject" of the data - that is, the person whom the data is about.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, the Harris Federation of South London Schools has developed a Publication Scheme which lists all the documents which the Federation will make public as a matter of routine.
If the information you are looking for is not available on our Publication Scheme which can be found further down the page, you can make a request for the information you require in writing to the Harris Federation as above. Please make sure you read our charging policy for information about cost you may be liable for.
Sir Dan Moynihan
Chief Executive Officer
The Academy is part of the Harris Federation for which the Funding Agreement may be seen here. The Academies own Supplementary Agreement can be found below.