Twitter

17/05/17

Huge congratulations to the Year 10 Boys Basketball team winning the competiton at the Copper Box! ! https://t.co/Kvhvu4qFJ7

17/05/17

Boys Relay Trophy https://t.co/juHqnpZ55f

17/05/17

Ange bringing home the 4x100m relay gold medal! https://t.co/2LsOXjgKi5

17/05/17

4x100 Boys Relay Team winners https://t.co/zhRSi5rbIK

17/05/17

Ange Boys Shot Put https://t.co/i2HEET3xqC

17/05/17

Alisha Girls 200m https://t.co/cjdOrbOXy7

17/05/17

Mike Boys 300m 2nd https://t.co/J8VbjzVhZ3

17/05/17

Kyle-Luke Boys Triple Jump https://t.co/vTKAFVQt9R

17/05/17

Obi Boys Discus 3rd https://t.co/K36EXQ4d0u

17/05/17

Iremide Boys Long Jump 3rd https://t.co/Dl1DQfDAKx

17/05/17

Memphis Boys High Jump 1st https://t.co/6bqK2LIzga

17/05/17

Nile – 80m Boys Hurdles 1st https://t.co/kGVHaIaA4Z

17/05/17

Year 7 Boys in action against Archbishop Tenison. Arfan demonstrating his power and determination. The boys won comfortably. https://t.co/Fq2Sons2DH

05/05/17

The Year 10 Girls closing the Step into Dance Competition. https://t.co/CnbXk2Ibhl

05/05/17

Russell, Tyrese and Donnell were on 🔥yesterday as the Y8 rugby team beat Archbishop Tennisons https://t.co/JnqiShj43P

05/05/17

The Year 10 girls ready for their step into dance competition! https://t.co/RoZyjPRR7S

05/05/17

Some of the Athletics squad enjoy a masterclass on Shot Putt from Mr Dwemoh. Getting prepared Federation. https://t.co/wG9eJnaawz

05/05/17

Yr 10 Sports Leaders were superb in achieving the Game Force Award by running a Basketball Tournament for 5 local Primary Schools https://t.co/jhCC4Yq7Pz

03/05/17

Info evening for our potential World Challengers! leading the talk and Ms. Denison sharing her experience of WC #45 https://t.co/vN0GGnyUtF

26/04/17

The good times keep on-rolling: two trophies in a week for the Year 9 Football Team https://t.co/Q1BRBil8PM

Harris Academies
All Academies in our Federation aim to transform the lives of the students they serve by bringing about rapid improvement in examination results, personal development and aspiration.

Health & Social Care (Vocational)

HeaderBar-HASN Options

Qualification- BTEC First Award in HSC

VideoLink

Why study Health and Social Care?

  • Do you like helping people?
  • Do you like looking after or working with young children? 
  • Would you like a career in a Nursery, Hospital or Day Centre? Or a career in Social Work?

Then Health and Social Care is for you!

The course will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in the 21st century Health and Social Care industry. Current issues affecting the industry such as effective communication, meeting individual’s holistic needs, respecting individual rights, cultural diversity and much more will be studied.

 

Topics/Course Outline

You will be completing the units below to make a total of 120 Guided Learning Hours ( GLH).

Core Units

  • Unit 1 - Human Lifespan Development  (30 GLH – Externally Assessed)
  • Unit 2 - Unit 2: Health and Social Care Values ( 30 GLH – Internally Assessed)

Optional Units

  • Unit 3 - Effective Communication in Health and Social Care (30 GLH- Internally Assessed)
  • Unit 4 - Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care (30 GLH- Internally Assessed)

For more information see useful page links to download the full course content.

 

Assessment

The new BTEC Firsts in Health and Social Care contain 2 forms of assessments. 75%  of your  work is internally assessed and based on the coursework you have completed and the remaining 25% will be externally assessed in form of a written examination.

Internal Assessment which is a Teacher-led assessment based on the coursework you complete in class using the Assignment Brief given to you.

External Assessment which is where you take an hour long written exam on the CORE Unit 1 – Human Lifespan Development  and is marked by the exam board.

 

Required Skills/Attributes

To be successful on the course you will need to be able to demonstrate and develop these skills: 

Effective Communication

Dedication and Commitment

Personal organization

Time Management/meeting deadlines

Good Team Spirit

Independent Learning skills

 

Future pathways

Studying health and social care will  provide you with a solid foundation needed to work in the ever so popular health and social care industry. It will  immediately open you up to job opportunities within the industry such as nursery assistants, support workers, health assistants. You also have the opportunity to progress to a level 3 course which will be  useful  if you decide to follow  any of the careers below and many more. 

Nursing   Child Care   Counsellor   Social Workers Care Managers Education
Doctors   Psychologist   Translators   Nutritional Therapist Physiotherapist Paramedic

 

Useful page links

• BTEC Specification HSC  www.edexcel.com

• NHS careers  www.nhscareers.nhs.uk