Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Here are our top 5 reasons why languages are great:
- English is not enough! Not everyone speaks English.
- A language will always be useful, no matter what you do.
- Languages mean business - being able to speak a language will make you really stand out.
- They’re good for you! Speaking more than one language increases your brain capacity, improves your memory and you'll be at less risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
- Using a language at work could raise your salary from 8-20%.
Course requirements: The content that will be studied will cover the following five themes:
- dentity and culture
- Local area holiday, travel
- Future aspirations, study and work
- International and global dimension
You will be assessed on four linguistic skills.
- Unit 1: Listening exam, 25%
- Unit 2: Speaking exam, 25%
- Unit 3: Reading exam, 25%
- Unit 4: Writing exam, 25%
Studying a language opens up a whole world of opportunities to you. While careers in interpretation and translation might immediately spring to mind, languages will improve your prospects in a whole range of careers such as working for the Home Civil Service, Diplomatic service, Marketing and selling, travelling, teaching or a foreign affairs journalist.
Useful page links