- You are here
- Parent Zone
AN EXPLANATION OF THE ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
Where the number of applications is greater than the number of places available, applications will be considered against the criteria set out below.
- After the admission of students with Special Educational Needs, where Harris Academy South Norwood is named on the Statement, the criteria will be applied in the order set out below.
- Children in care
- Nearness to the Academy whilst maintaining the correct number in each ability group
(In order to ensure that the Academy admits students from the full range of abilities, all applicants will take a standardised non-verbal reasoning test. Based upon this, all students will be placed in one of 9 ability groups. The assessment is not a pass or fail test, it is designed to ensure that students of all abilities have an equal chance of gaining a place at the Academy.)
FOR PARENTS/CARERS WHO WISH TO APPEAL
Parent(s) wishing to appeal against the Academy’s decision should complete an Appeal Form stating the reason for the appeal based on the published Admissions Criteria.
Completed forms should be sent to the Clerk to the Appeal Panel, Harris Academy South Norwood, Cumberlow Avenue, South Norwood, SE25 6AE
Completed appeal forms must be received by the Academy by the closing date 31st March 2013 at 5pm.
The appeals will be heard in private by an Independent Appeal Panel. The Clerk to the Appeal Panel will make an appointment within a reasonable time, during the month of (April/May) 2013.
- Appeals may be made in English or the parents’/carers’ first language.
- Only one appeal per application is allowed.
- Appeals are conducted in person, and you may bring a friend
Please click here to download our Year 7 2013 Admissions Form